CHOOSING THE MOST SUITABLE REGION FOR YOUR PROPERTY
Video Lesson Summary:
When considering which region to settle in, you’ll have to consider some important big-picture factors from a self-reliance and permaculture farming perspective. These factors will be hugely impactful on everything you’ll be trying to achieve.
We’ve covered four such factors that you should take as a framework to focus your search when investigating the region in which you would like to be located.
1. Climate and Climate Change: the influence of climate on your activities and projected changes in climate in the long term
2. Natural and Manmade Safety Hazards: severe weather, earthquakes and volcanoes, and pollution risks you’ll want to avoid
3. Geopolitical Hazards: external, conflict zones and major migration paths you’ll want to avoid
4. Government Laws and Freedom: laws, taxes, and government control tendencies you’ll need to account for
- Download or make a copy of the workbook for this lesson. In there, you’ll find a step-by-step guide on how to conduct this research.
- Start investigating and use the spreadsheet I prepared for you that will help you evaluate different factors.
- Narrow down the most suitable region based on the evaluations from the spreadsheet and your site-selection criteria.
- Proceed to the next lesson: M3 L2 Choosing a Locality: Where to Relocate Within the Region?.